Singer-songwriter Peniel Roxas has finally made her dreams come true. As the grand champion of Wishcovery Originals, she just won P1 million cash, a recording contract, a brand-new car, and a house and lot from Lumina Homes.
Wishcovery Originals is a Wish 107.5-produced competition for talented Filipino singer-songwriters.
Roxas, along with her fellow finalists, showed off their singing and songwriting chops in front of 800 people at the LausGroup Event Center in Pampanga.
Strict health and safety protocols were implemented throughout the show. Prior to the grand finals, the contestants, staff guest performers, including Juan Karlos Labajo, Oh, Flamingo!, and Mayonnaise, and the audience members tested negative for COVID-19.
The live performances of the finalists composed 80% of their final score, while the remaining 20% came from the total number of views in their Wishclusive videos. The power-viewing period took place from October 25 to November 5.
The panel of judges was comprised of Mayonnaise's Monty Macalino, Jungee Marcelo, and Jay R, who kept in touch with the contestants through a virtual setup.
Since the lockdowns started, the Wishcovery Grand Finals marks the first time performers and a sizeable audience gathered for an in-person musical event in the country.
A peek into Peniel's Lumina house and lot
Roxas is set to move into her new home at the Aimee home. One of Lumina's best-selling rowhouses, Aimee features a 22-square-meter floor area on a 36-square-meter lot.
It includes a living area, dining and kitchen, one bedroom provision, one toilet and bath, and a service area.
Roxas also has a chance to choose a location from any of Lumina Homes' available locations nationwide! Lumina has over 50 developments in key locations across the country: Rizal, Bulacan, Pampanga, Bataan, Zambales, Nueva Ecija, Tarlac, Pangasinan, La Union, Cagayan, Isabela, Cavite, Batangas, Laguna, Quezon, Camarines Norte, Albay, Sorsogon, Iloilo, Capiz, Cebu, Negros Occidental, Agusan del Norte, Zamboanga del Sur, Bukidnon, Misamis Occidental, Davao del Norte, Davao del Sur, and South Cotabato.
For more information and announcements, follow @luminahomesofficial on Facebook or visit Lumina Homes’ official website at www.lumina.com.ph.