Recently, I attended the Yummy X Kitchen Aid MasterClass cooking workshop held at Rustan's Cubao. I have learned that it was Yummy Magazine's third time of Cooking Demo series and this time Yummy Magazines partners with KitchenAid premium kitchen appliances featuring pastry chef Penk Ching
It was a fun afternoon, I learned how to prepare quick and easy recipes. I had the chance to learn how to prepare three easy recipes using the KitchenAid Appliance, these are the Matcha Frappe, Salted Caramel Pastillas and Strawberry Tripple.
|Salted Caramel Pastillas|
I learned to prepare Salted Caramel Pastillas, you will just need to combine ingredients like caramel sauce, sea salt, powdered milk. Using the Kitchen Aid Hand Mixer, it was easy to make Salted Caramel Pastillas. After combining all the ingredients, you can form it into a ball and roll in the sugar and wrap in a cellophane.
Ingredients for Strawberry Triffle
100 grams Graham crackers
3 1/2 tablespoon butter, melted
240 grams all-purpose cream
80 grams condensed milk
200 grams strawberries, sliced into quarters plus extra whole strawberries for garnish
1. Crush the graham crackers using the KitchenAid 3.5 Cup Food Chopper on Chop setting then add melted butter and set aside mixture.
2. Using the same bowl, combine cream and condensed milk and mix using the Chop setting as well.
3. Divide graham cracker crumbs among 4 small glasses. Top with a layer of the cream mixture. Add strawberry slices. Repeat with remaining ingredients until glasses are full. Garnish with whole strawberries and serve chilled.
Present during the event was Chef Penk. She is one of the founders and owners of Pasty Bin, known as one of the leaders and pioneers in the wedding cake industry. Their exquisite customized cakes have attracted an inpressive clientele, from celebrities, important personalities, large corporations and client abroad.
|Pastry Chef Penk Ching|
In the event, she shared three mouthwatering recipes,my favorite was the Feathery Cheese Cake and its worth spending time most especially for Moms who loves to bake cakes. Chef Penk shared helpful techniques in preparing delicious desserts using KitchenAid Appliances.
|Feathery Cheese Cake|
Makes one 10 inch tube cake
Prep Time 40 minutes
Baking Time 65 minutes
Ingredients for Feathery Cheese Cake
For the Cake
2 cups cake flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup cooking oil
7 eggs, separated
3/4 cup water
1 teaspoon native lime (dayap) rind
1 cup grated cheese
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1. Grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan. Pre heat oven to 325F
2. Sift together flour, cornstarch, 1 cup sugar, baking powder and salt. Place in a mixing bowl and make a well in the center. Pour in cooking oil , egg yolks, water and rind. Blend thoroughly with a wire whisk. Fold in grated cheese. Set aside.
3. Beat egg whites with cream of tartar until frothy. Gradually add remaining 1/2 cup sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
4. Gradually fold in egg yolk mixture into the beaten egg whites. Pour into prepared tube pan and bake at 325F for 55 minutes. Raise temperature to 350F and continue baking for 10 more minutes.
Cool Cake and cover with damp cloth.
Make the Icing: Cream butter until light and fluffy. Gradually add sugar, beating well after eacg addition. Pour milk in a stream and beat until icing slightly melts and cheese turns golden brown.
|Pear Honey Walnut Pie|
Check out more exciting recipes at www.yummy.ph
You may also follow Yummy Philippines on Facebook and @yummyph on Twitter and Instagram.